For those who are eligible, the Veterans Administration offers veteran farm owner mortgage loans in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kansas, and every other state within the country. VA loans allow veterans to purchase a home in a rural environment. With USDA farm loans for in Pennsylvania, a borrower will receive lower rates than going through traditional banking.
Why VA Loans are Important
These loans assist eligible veterans in financing their primary residence, no matter where they live. With no down payments, low-interest rates, and higher loan limits, USDA or Veteran farm mortgage loans in Pennsylvania are sometimes one of the only ways a veteran can finance their home.
Who is Eligible?
- Active-duty military personnel for more than six months
- Actively served for 90 consecutive days during wartime; 181 days during peacetime
- An active member of National Guard or Reserves for more than six years
- Must be a member of the military, the National Guard, a veteran, and/or a reservist
- Widow or widower of a military member who died in the line of duty or due to a service-connected disability
- Receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Credit score of 580+
- Proof of sufficient income
- Borrowers must move into their residency within 60 days
- USDA or Veteran farm mortgage loans in Pennsylvania can only be used on a primary residence, not for investment properties or vacation homes
- Working commercial farms are not allowed
Applying for a VA Loan
If you find yourself eligible for a loan and have obtained your COE, you will need to find a lender. At Farm Loan Center, we offer USDA farm mortgage loans in Pennsylvania or farm loans for veterans in Ohio. We have affiliates in all 50 states, including Puerto Rico, and assist veterans looking to finance rural property. Farm Loan Center provides the lending options available for USDA or Veteran farm mortgage loans in Pennsylvania to support the growing need for financing in rural America.